Monday, March 30, 2009

One month, and counting ...

I am brushing my teeth, 10 minutes ago, in my pajamas. Faintly from the next room, I hear Hot Rod Hundley streaming in. And I am seven years old again. Eight years old. Nine years old. Coming from a family party in December. Leaving a ward basketball game in January. Sitting in the backseat of the car, Mom and Dad in the front, listening to Hot Rod Hundley on our ride home.

I have no idea what the man looks like, but the sound of his voice evokes my childhood. Dad driving, going home ...

3 comments:

Holly and Dave said...

i can't believe this. hot rod hundley reminds ME of driving home, with my dad in the drivers seat. and possibly even stopping for "free fries from Hardee's".

Roman said...

You just blogged about Hot Rod Hundley. I wasn't expecting that at all. I didn't even think that you knew the man existed. I am impessed.

Megan said...

i agree!! he reminds me of my child hood... oh yes he does. back when john stockton and karl malone were the 'dream team' on the jazz and we went to the nba play offs... and we were GOOD! uh yeah I remember :)