Monday, May 17, 2010

Officially an esquire ...

... Or maybe not. Perhaps I need to pass the bar before I can actually use that delightful title. But here is the proof that I did in fact graduate from law school yesterday, in two ceremonies that seemed longer than the last three years combined. Although I should not complain. The First Lady spoke. At my graduation. On the National Mall. Awesome ...

The requisite photo (and I mean that literally ... my sister commanded that I take a picture here, since I took one before law school. And I always do what my sister tells me to do.)

Another one in front of the school. All the people who a) sat through five hours of ceremonies, and b) encouraged the aforementioned photo-taking, deserve blog recognition.

Carly got married a week ago. But luckily she made it to graduation, so that I could get this photo of my favorite law school pal.

And that would be Michelle Obama. And yes, she did use the phrase, "Yes, we can." And yes, she gave a good speech.

At graduation. On the Mall. Being bored while we waited.
The only shot I have that actually shows the Mall. Well, sort of ...

10 comments:

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

Congratulations Callie!!!!!!! You did it! And I am glad you listened to Autumn and got these pics. You look super hot:) Does this mean you can come visit me now? Have you started studying yet?

J. said...

Congratulations!! I love these pictures. You look beautiful and so official! I must say I am very jealous you saw Michelle in the flesh!

I'm sad I missed your call...you're such a wanted lady:) I knew I should have skipped out on FHE (for more than one reason). Alas Yorick, I'll try ya tomorrow.

Joni said...

I admit I am a little jealous that you got Michelle and we got Rahm. But congratulations! You made it. :) Now the real fun starts!

Rick and Janae said...

Congratulations!!! Those 3 years sure flew by (at least they did for me, I wasn't in law school). I appreciate you taking the time to take those pictures and then for blogging them for my enjoyment. When is your official move date? I just found out we may be headed back to DC in August, this time for a week.

Kris Campbell said...

Congratulations Callie on your graduation from Law School! What a grand adventure you've had - good luck passing that bar exam!

Katie Blacker said...

wowywow. You make that graduation frock look good. I have been checking your blog almost daily to see if you have updated. Loved peaking into your big day.

Holly and Dave said...

yeah!! congratulations!! you're awesome, and if i am ever in need of a lawyer, you'll be the one i call. you should be very proud of yourself, because everyone that knows you sure thinks the world of you :)

Autumn Day said...

It would be appropriate that the only picture that shows the mall, is also the one with me:) Hehe, me and malls, it is a lifelong friendship. heheheeheh

Chris and Jen said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Congrats!! Now get your butt home. I miss you terribly and want some Callie time.

Anna said...

Callie!!! Congratulations! Callie, Esquire, that is quite an accomplishment! Way to go!