Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Highest Court In The Land ...


Birthday buddies T. and C.

On Friday I made an exception to the all-day-every-day study rule for a chance to a) see one of my favorite people, my friend T. (who not only shares my love of all things London but the same birthday, too) and b) take a special tour of the Supreme Court (led by one of Justice Thomas' clerks, who happens to be T's relative). However, what I thought would be a motivational tour making me want to study more in fact made me worry more. (I should be home! I should be studying! I should be reading and rereading! I should be highlighting! I should be writing and rewriting! I should not be enjoying myself!) Really, a person cannot walk through halls and halls of law books without feeling a twinge of guilt for those unopened books at home. But seeing T., along with the Supreme Court courtroom, dining room, library (which of course I loved) ... AND basketball court (the highest court in the land, located directly above the courtroom and complete with one sign forbidding playing during court proceedings and another one announcing Justice O'Connor's jazzercise class) made the worry worth it ...

P.S. Sorry, Dad and R., but you will definitely need to rely on a more studious someone to get you access to play on that court ... unfortunately, I did not learn by osmosis during my tour ...

2 comments:

Tracie said...

I'm jealous...we didn't get to see the basketball court. As in most things in life it's all about who you know!! Good luck on your finals.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

CALLIE JO! I can't believe it's you! How the heck have you been and what the heck have you been doing since London!? You look amazing! I can't express how happy I am to have found you! Cheers luv!

Emi