Tuesday, December 18, 2007

No Good Titles Come To Mind For This ...

I survived all my finals and made it home for Christmas, and I will most definitely be a bad blogger for the next few weeks. I am actually quite excited about the prospect of choosing my own books to read for nearly an entire month. Yesterday, for example, I sucked up my pride and read the first of the "Vampire Books" that every female in the state seems to be obsessed with. I admit, I read the entire book in one day, but by the end the constant and excessive proclamations of love became a bit (or a lot) much. Sorry Mom, but if True Love means doing nothing but telling someone repeatedly, over and over again, all the time, how much more I love him, how dazzled I am by him, and how I cannot possibly live or breathe without him, I am definitely staying single ...

3 comments:

carly said...

hahaha!! I love it! I think you should let me borrow your copy...i almost bought it today at costco and then decided not to last minute...after reading your review, I'm regretting my decision. Hope you're having fun! We need to go shopping at cafe rio it up :)

J. said...

Yes, these are OBSESSIONS at my school. Even the boys like them now. We had a little discussion the other day and one girls said "whatever, no boy can compare to Edward!" Let the unobtained high expectations begin. The whole faculty talks about it constantly, and then the kids too, so I too sucked it up and read them. I like the romantic dream land parts I must admit, but I'm not to the obsessed point either...I don't know what this says about us Cal, but oh well. Here's the link someone sent me though (the actors playing the roles).
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/Hikari_Yamamoto/EdwardBella.jpg

Erica Huff said...

That is too funny Callie. My sister has been trying to get me to read them for the last couple of months. Vampires - not really my thing. She keeps tell me that they are wonderful. I'll have to give in now that I have more than one opinion.
I hope you enjoy your time back home. Congratulations on the finals!