Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Look At That Outfit ...

In the past two days I have visited three different libraries in search of various books. My trips across the city, the first in heels and the next two in flip-flops, did not come without painful consequences. But my five blisters were worth it for what I saw on the street on the last of my adventures: A little old lady (think the oldest of the Golden Girls) stopping, parking her walker and staring at the display window at Victoria's Secret (words we never thought would appear on this blog) then pointing at the scantily clad mannequin and saying, "Wow! Look at that outfit!" (The inflection on the "wow," for the record, seemed much more surprised and admiring than shocked and disdainful.) I considered the amount of purple lace barely enough to constitute underwear, much less an outfit, but I laughed about the encounter all afternoon ...

6 comments:

Doctor said...

RIP Estelle Getty. Golden Girl. Victoria Secret fan.

I am Laura said...

Very funny.

Nicole said...

That is funny! And to think you could have been completely lost in thought at the time and would have missed the moment! Thank you for paying attention and reporting your findings...that is great!

Katie Blacker said...

HAHA. I love old people.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

thats funny

Holly and Dave said...

i hope she went inside and bought it.