Friday, July 4, 2008

Today ...

Uncle Sam at the parade on the Mall ...

The scene of the action ...

The view from where I stood ... and distributed thousands of drinks ...

Look really closely and you will see POTUS and FLOTUS on their balcony ...

The crowd, enjoying the show ...

Today I sang happy birthday to the president. In person. At his house. Today I watched the former attorney general watch a jump-roping dog. (Yes, dogs can evidently jump rope.) Today I saw the same fireworks and listened to the same songs as the president, the vice president, and the first lady. Today I did not care (well, not much at least) that I stood outside in the rain, sans umbrella, with dripping hair, wearing a much-too-big red t-shirt that turned my white shorts pink. Today I walked so fast to the Metro and made it home so (relatively) quickly that it almost seemed like I just clicked my red Dorothy shoes. Almost. Today was a good day ...

5 comments:

Tracie said...

What a perfect way for you to spend your July 4th - in D.C. You really are a very patriotic person! Although I wish you were here in SLC, I can't think of a place you would rather be than as close to GB & LB as possible!!

J. said...

...and dreams really do come true. This is a Callie 4th if ever there was one! And if you say you were walking fast to the metro I take that to mean light-speed. So fun xoxo!

Katie Blacker said...

Cal, okay can we say dreams do come true?! That is awesome that you get to be so involved with THE MAN. lovin you.

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

Oh Callie, this sounds like a perfect day!! That is so cool that you were there. I love 4th of July and this would be the best way to celebrate. Maybe next year I should go to DC for the 4th!

Holly and Dave said...

if anyone would really appreciate this, it would be you. it sounds like so much fun. i love anything red, white, and blue during the month of july, and i'm glad I have a friend like you that is so patriotic!