Monday, October 6, 2008

Because I Need To Post Something ... Anything ...

Clearly I am desperate. I neglect my blog for two weeks and can only find this photo to post?! Well, I actually wanted to save this for Election Day. But because I am becoming a bit less enthused about the possible results of that day it makes an appearance now. And because I have nothing good to post. So we get this. (For the record, I still think McCain will win. Mostly because I am stubborn and have already predicted this and do not want to doubt my predictive powers.)

Now a quote from a really good book I read recently: "An average of seventy-four species become extinct every day, which was one good reason but not the only one to hold someone's hand." ~ Nicole Krauss, The History of Love

And this alarming tidbit from my professor: "It is absolutely, completely impossible to sell cereal without any rat feces." Apparently our food scientists need to be working a bit more diligently ...

5 comments:

Holly and Dave said...

i really hope the rat feces in cereal thing is just a myth. i enjoy cereal on an almost daily basis, and i would prefer to think it's clean and somewhat healthy (even if it does have marshmallows in it.)

J. said...

Being a lover of all things cereal, I am very disturbed by your professor's comment!

Can't wait to see you in a few days...yahoo!

The Kidds said...

That's gross. Apparently I will need to stop buying cereal.

Nicole said...

You are such a doll, C-dear! Please continue to post...I love your writings. And check my blog for the next great book you should add to your read-list...you'd like it!

Sally said...

That's disgusting. I try not to think about things like that :)

And don't give up--I really think there still is hope for this country, if only obama will keep opening his mouth on, say, a daily basis b/t now and the end of election day. Never give up!