Monday, May 4, 2009

And on the 101st day ...

... I left. I survived the first 100 days of the Obama Administration in D.C. And I am pretty happy to say I will be spending the next 100-plus days somewhere 2,250 miles away ...

New River Gorge Bridge. Or something like that.

I am not much of a night photographer.



Dad in front of the opera house in the darling town of New Harmony, Indiana. For the record, my dad flew to D.C. then drove the entire way back to Salt Lake. Yep, I am a lucky girl.

Two signs for Illinois.


The Gateway Arch

The view from the top of the arch.

We went to the Eisenhower Presidential Library in Abilene, Kansas. President Eisenhower grew up in this home.


Finally, some blue sky. This must be the place ...

9 comments:

Katie Blacker said...

thats fun! wow what a ton of States! So glad you are HOME! we must play...and soon!

I am Laura said...

I am coming to Utah at the end of July. If you are still there I want to plan to go to lunch with you and your mom and Autumn if she is nearby.

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

Congrats on finishing finals! I bet you did really well:) I hope you have a great summer in Utah! (I am jealous, I really miss Utah and you will get to be with Katie and Jennie). I still want to come visit this summer! Love the road trip pics:)

Laura said...

Love, love LOVE this! So glad to have you home Cal!

Andrea said...

Come back! I miss you. Looks like a good trip though!

P.S. said...

Right where you belong! Now let's get together and help Tiff plan her wedding! :) I seriously need to get a life.

Kris Campbell said...

Looks like a Great trip! Welcome back to Utah. Hope to see you soon :o)

Holly and Dave said...

yeah! i can't wait to see you!

The Kidds said...

Welcome home! I wish I was there to greet you... but congrats on getting through finals!