Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The week of my finals ...

In Capital C tradition, I thought up the following when I should have been studying this week. It is rather pathetic, to be sure, but I am sick of the last post ...

'Twas the week of my finals
When all through my dwelling
Some roommates were studying
With a few bouts of yelling.

The lights have been strung
Round the windows with care
And the wreath has been hung
More than once, to be fair.

Four girls were nestled
In rooms freezing cold
While the fifth one complains
Of the heat (well, she's old).

When out on the lawn,
Where no snow remains,
We heard a faint sound,
A small omen of change.

We flew to the doorway
To take in the sight
Of our leaves disappearing,
Finally ending our plight.

The huge pile of leaves
That had cluttered our drive
Had been rained on and snowed on,
But still it survived.

The men in the truck
Came and picked up the pile
And allowed a return
TO our old parking style.

Now the leaves are all gone
That last symbol of fall,
So we gladly exclaim,
Happy Christmas to all!

4 comments:

Chris and Jen said...

Hurry up and get home!! Speaking of which...when will you be home?? You need to see my cute little baby. P.S. Pics are on the blog now!!

Andrea said...

You are so funny! If the attorney thing doesn't work out you should be a poet.

Megan said...

I think you should be a poet and an attorney! I love this.

M said...

Clever Callie. Perhaps you should replace the Capital? (Don't. Just know I appreciate your cleverness. Much.)