Saturday, April 24, 2010

A letter about my lotion ...

Dear Bath & Body Works:

I am not a member of PETA. I am (generally) a (relatively) sane person. And I want to know why you include the following sentence on your labels:

This finished product is not tested on animals.

If a product is finished, as I assume the products for sale in your stores are, the testing process must be finished, too. So when you tell me that you do not test your finished product on animals, I assume you do test your unfinished product on animals. That seems more likely to make PETA mad. And frankly, I would not want PETA to be mad at me. Just saying.

Sincerely,

Callie

P.S. Perhaps the law requires you to insert this exact sentence. I suppose I could discover that for myself. But I still have two finals. And as neither of them involve animal rights (although you better believe we do have such a class at my school, where the priority list places animal rights near the top and the rights of unborn children near the bottom) I think I should save my legal research for classes I am actually taking.

1 comment:

Katie Blacker said...

interesting...half truths are considered whole truths in society. kinda sad.