Monday, April 5, 2010

Right now ...

I am sitting in class. Right next to a whole wall of windows. It is 80 degrees outside. Yes, I just checked weather.com, and it really is 80 degrees at 6:22 p.m. on April 5th. And did I mention that I am sitting in class?! And that I have another two hours and 38 minutes of sitting in class, right next to a whole wall of windows that look out over the quad?! The quad being the only patch of grass on campus. The quad being the place where the people go when the sun comes out. But the girls in bikinis on blankets have dispersed for the day. I suppose they know they will not improve their tans after 4 p.m. Although I think the laying (or lying, I never mastered this feat of grammar) on blankets in bikinis is only partly about attracting the sun. This is what happens when you go to school outside of Provo. You get girls in bikinis on blankets. You also get Michelle Obama to speak at graduation. And people smoking on the terrace. So, to review, outside of Provo, you get two ways to get cancer and one First Lady. So there is that.

Right now, from my window seat, I can see one shirtless guy talking on his cell phone and leaning back in his chair the way my mother always told me not to do because I would fall and also because I would ruin the chair. To be honest I want him to fall, partly because I am annoyed at his freedom from class and partly because it would make the next thirty seconds of window gazing more interesting. Also, he is already tan. It is only April 5th, he should not be that tan. He also has a little swagger going on. Not sure how exactly he manages to swagger while sitting, but he is. And yes, I suppose I am judging him, which I probably learned yesterday that I should not do. But I can only work on so much at a time. And right now I am working on the following: a) surviving class and b) figuring out my life, which I apparently need to do by tomorrow morning. So I am going to just let myself silently judge for a minute as respite from my work.

Wait. Wow. My powers are stronger than I thought. Mr. Tan Man just put on a shirt. So I suppose I should stop the judging and start using my powers productively. I will start by a) surviving class and b) figuring out my life ...

2 comments:

Katie Blacker said...

yesterday I was looking out of my wall of windows in my apartment onto the grass terrace and there was a bikini clad girl laying out in the sun. apparently that is what you do in 80 degree weather? i'm not that brave.

and, your life will work out. it has turned out pretty great so far. The way I look at it, you can't go wrong.

missu

Jennie La said...

First of all, I am jealous of both of you 80 degree weather. I am wearing Ugg boots and a scarf. Yep. Snowstorm in SLC.

I also agree that your life will continue to work out pretty great. Even amazingly. Thanks for the little "window" into your law school world.

Also, I am jealous you get to see/hear Michelle Obama in the flesh. I think she is dandy.