Friday, November 14, 2008

This Post Is Too Important For A Title ...

Dear Kyle,

So, remember Wednesday night when I came to watch you play basketball!? Yes, our team lost. But I am not referring to that tiny detail. I am referring to the fact that you only made a few shots that night. I think I should apologize for that. I am pretty sure that my presence there, high in the stands of that too-quiet arena, probably flustered you. Because I am pretty sure that you have realized what I have realized. We should probably get married. I know I am not tall and blond and supermodelesque but I bet you get tired of those girls anyway. This way, you would always be the pretty one in the relationship. And think of how good my first name plus your first name would be with your last name. It rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?! Kyle and Callie Korver. I really like that. Also, I come with a red leather couch, a letter from the president and assorted chick flicks. And in three more semesters, a law degree. I bet you have none of those things. So think about it.

Love,
C.

11 comments:

carly said...

This post just completely brightened my day!! I agree, Kyle...made for each other :)

J. said...

Thank you for making me laugh out loud. I needed that. And I agree, Callie Korver sounds amazing. Lets get on with this eh!!

Julie said...

Clever Callie at it again!

Katie Blacker said...

As I am reading this post I am thinking...who the heck is kyle korver? haha I googled him. And now I know. definitely blog-worthy!

jaci said...

Hi Callie, this is Jaci Langheinrich. I don't know if your mom told you I read your blog, but I do. I just love it! You make me laugh out loud! You are such a wonderful writer!
Kyle is a hottie, and you two would look great together! He really isn't playing that well right now, maybe you need to hook up soon so that he can start sinking those three's!! Thanks for brightening my day also!
You are darling!
Jaci

Unknown said...

Callie,

In regards to your recent letter to Mr. Korver, I actually took the opportunity to speak spoke with him today. He in affect agreed to your proposal demanding compliance with the following request: You must change the spelling of your name...Kyle and Kallie Korver roles off any tongue with much more ease than Kyle and Callie. Plus he is very concerned that his marriage certificate looks as good as he does in his high socks. So, Kallie it must be. At any rate, Kyle and I feel that you and Kyle could begin dating at anytime. Kyle will be in Utah for much of December, so plan accordingly. He also requested that you turn the temperature of your hot tub to 105.25 degrees Fahrenheit. We thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter and and furthermore we both look forward to a lifelong and successful relationship between Kyle and you.

Sincerely,
Spencer and Kyle

Tracie said...

After reading your post and everyone else's comments I really don't think there's anything left to say except that Autumn and I will start planning the wedding!! Okay, Autumn will plan and I will pay!!

Our life 2.0 said...

LOL!! Seriously Callie, I just love you!
Kyle is my fav too!

Katie said...

That was awesome. Probably one of my favorite posts ever.

Holly and Dave said...

let me know when you want help with wedding plans. you forgot to mention that your children would be both smart and athletic, plus have stunning good looks. what else could you ask for?

Chris said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth. :)

JK.