Monday, September 7, 2009

Philadelphia ...

I have wanted to go to Philadelphia since I moved to D.C. I finally made it last weekend before my parents left.

Liberty Bell

Independence Hall, up close.

The room where the Declaration of Independence was debated and signed. Definitely my favorite part of the tour.

Apparently Jim's Steaks is the best place in town ...

and I must say, Philly cheesesteaks are surprisingly delicious.

The oldest residential street in America.

The cemetery where Benjamin Franklin was buried.

Amish Country

My Mom loved the clothes lines

A chicken ...

1 comment:

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

Cal, these were all my favorite parts too! We went to that same place for cheesesteaks! They are really good. I loved the history of Philly, but I found the city a little scary (coming from someone living in NYC!)