Thursday, September 17, 2009

Worlds colliding on a Thursday afternoon ...

So today I was partly listening to my professor talk about adult adoption but mostly debating in my head whether the name Naleigh (as in Naleigh the newly adopted child of Katherine Heigl) rhymes with the name Callie. Then I saw it, right there on People.com: an advertisement for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My very own church. On my very own People.com. Obviously, this validated my choice of reading material.

Today I also saw a picture of Ashton and Demi amidst a discussion of older women marrying younger men. In my casebook, not on People.com. Then a few pages later, a discussion about Pamela Anderson. Still in my casebook.

And one of my professors sounds exactly like Joan Cusack. I hope this makes the bankruptcy code more memorable.

So, let us review. Inane trivia about famous actors is more important than previously thought. Lesson learned ...

4 comments:

Kallee said...

Great minds think alike. I too was pondering the pronunciation of Naleigh as I read People.com yesterday.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

lol! awesome post! good luck this year!

Katie Blacker said...

I knew it!

I am Laura said...

I love you!