Monday, February 1, 2010

Another letter ...

Dear Nordstrom:

I walk past your window with the swimsuits every day on my way to school. And your cruel publicity ploy really leaves me with only two options:

1. I imagine wearing one of those swimsuits in the current cold and snowy state of the world. And then I feel colder than I already am.

2. I imagine wearing one of those swimsuits on a beach somewhere in a non-snowy state of the world. And then I feel like I should be on that beach somewhere instead of in a sweater and gloves and scarf and on my way to school.

Both of these options leave me feeling hateful towards you. So even though I actually really love that ruffly yellow swimsuit, I would not buy it from you, even if I magically woke up one morning with hundreds of dollars to spend on skimpy swimwear and the swimwear coverage policy of my teenage self ...

Sincerely,

Callie

5 comments:

J. said...

I told my mom and she says likewise and then some. We miss Cal. Yes, that movie will be put on the docket post bar and post stress.

As for Nordstroms, I love that place, but I must admit, that is rather rude to put up swimsuits right now.

Kallee said...

I say buy the yellow swimsuit! You only live once, and life gives you a very limited window of time when you can pull off this type of swimwear. (Believe me, I know.) It would be perfect for your graduation beach vacation :)

Megan said...

Callie, we were meant to be friends. I have thought about blogging about that window display for the past three weeks! Okay, two and a half. I almost took a picture of it this morning. I think it's ridiculous, but I really like the display of Enzo Angiolini (sp?) peep-toe shoes in all different colors. It almost makes me want to go inside.

Andrea said...

I have been noticing that swimsuit too....it's so cute. I wish they had a one-piece version. Maybe I should actually go in the store and check but I really doubt it.

Autumn Day said...

Hey, be nice to Nordstrom! I don't talk bad about YOUR friends. :)