Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Family fun ...

My uncle, aunt and cousins came to the capital this weekend. We walked for a long time, braved my D.C. driving (a very admirable feat) and saw Nancy Pelosi in person in the Capitol. Oh, and I, for one, had a grand time.

Oh, look at me ruining their family Christmas card picture. Sorry, guys. But I bet you could crop me out ...

Woman in black: Nancy Pelosi, in Statuary Hall in the Capitol ...

Unfortunately, the weather did not really cooperate this weekend. Today, however, it did. And everyone came outside to enjoy it. In two blocks in my neighborhood I saw: two people jogging in work clothes, one man doing push-ups and sit-ups on the sidewalk, and four boys playing with Nerf guns. And this sounds like the beginning of a counting book for three-year-old children, so I suppose I will stop for now ... but stay tuned for the winning limericks tomorrow ...

1 comment:

Katie Blacker said...

looks like fun! i bet you are really gonna miss that place.