Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Spring ...

I had a lovely St. Patrick's Day. This year, I had a shake that turned out to be even better than a shamrock shake. Really. It was not green, and it has no relevance to St. Patrick's Day or this post, except that: thinking about St. Patrick's Day made me think about shamrock shakes which made me think about the delicious marshmallow shake that I ate on St. Patrick's Day. And that reminds me that I have neglected to mention the winners of my limerick contest, and I am sure all of my many, many readers have been worried and anxious about this all week. So, without further ado ...

The winning limerick (conveniently keeping with my tardy theme):

There once was a girl who forgot
But truly liked limericks alot
The deadline had passed
"Take pity!" she asked
For my rhyming skills cannot be bought!
{By Niki}

And the winning six-line limerick (yes, new category this year):

Pink is nice, but yellow is better
Think baby chicks, stars or a fuzzy sweater
Traffic lights of red and green
Would not be the same with pink in between
So stick to your guns and go with your heart,
Yellow's your fellow, has been from the start!
{By Nana}

This limerick also reminds me to report that today I purchased an adorable little pot of yellow gerber daisies. They are sitting on my desk, and should take credit for enticing me to said desk to sit still long enough to type this post. Yes, I am pretty sure I have a case of spring fever. Or something else distracting. In sum: It is beautiful here. It is the first day of spring. And stuff like that ...

P.S. Question: What exactly does "water regularly" mean?! Daily?! Every other day?! Every three days?! Every week?! I want my flowers to live, so Mom and Nana and Holly, and anyone else who knows this type of thing, please comment.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I can't believe I won! Tell me honestly, was I the only entry? (Besides Nana's of course...)