Monday, March 1, 2010

A list, a friend, and upcoming excitement ...

I crossed off a few things on my to-do list (that one I have a love/hate relationship with) this weekend, thanks to a visit from my lovely friend, Nicole. We had a lovely time, doing lovely things, like ...

Visiting Ford's Theatre ...

Seeing the balcony (well, a replica of the balcony) where Abraham Lincoln sat ...

Taking a tour of the George Washington Masonic Memorial in Alexandria ... and ...

Checking out the view from the top (nine stories tall).

Can you find the Washington Monument in this scene?!

Some other noteworthy items to report:

1. My spring break started today. Yay!! And what do I plan to do with my week of free time, you may ask?! Well, so far I have decided to a) do my taxes, and b) do some other stuff. I know, I am so exciting. But the day started off well. I got the following text: "Hope your spring break of 2010 is as great and big as even Big Ben." Which obviously reminded me that I like people who rhyme, I wish I could go to London for spring break, and ...

2. Today is March 1. And I am bringing back the St. Patrick's Day limerick contest. This year I am promising no prizes, but if I am feeling especially nice maybe I will surprise the winner with one anyway. Basic rule: send me a limerick by March 16th. For more about this, go back to this post and this one and this one (wow, I was verbose 1L year). I am too lazy to type the instructions again. But beware, those posts will make you hungry for a Shamrock Shake. So I should report that ...

3. I already had a Shamrock Shake this year. Yes!! I know, just when you read that I am doing my taxes for spring break and you thought I had a really, really sad life, you read this sentence and realize that my life is not sad at all, but in fact quite splendid ...

4 comments:

Megan said...

Can part of our Friday excursion include a Shamrock shake? I still have not tasted the exquisite combination of mint and lime and all flavors green you have described for the past two and a half years.

J. said...

You are so dang cute in the pictures (and just are). I love a good list! We need a summer list...or a fall list:) Looks like fun. Miss ya!

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

A shamrock shake sounds fun! That is so cool you went to Fords Theater--I love historical sites. Hope you are enjoying your break:)

Nicole said...

Yeah! I can't wait to try my limerick skills this year!