Wednesday, August 6, 2008

America The Beautiful ...

I think the tone of my last few posts shows that my sarcasm level rises along with the humidity. It also rises when I have no roommate to regale (cough cough) with my views on well, everything. (I am living the solitary life for a few weeks. And I will admit, it makes me want a cat.) But today I took a nice long, long walk with my pal M. and I used up all my lame comments. (Yes, M. deserves a prize for such heroic listening. And for buying me an ice cream cone. Thanks, M.) So instead of a rant or a twisted attempt at humor (sorry about those, folks) I am just posting a lovely picture of the Capitol, and telling all y'all that I went there today, and I sat on the House floor (well, in a chair on the House floor) and I listened to the speeches about energy and I agree and yes Utah, I can attest that Congressman Bishop did return to the floor of the House, and yes, we all stood and sang "America the Beautiful" at the end of the day ... really, we did, and you know what, really, it is ...

2 comments:

I am Laura said...

I will agree with you. I have been to many places in this country and I think it is beautiful.

carly said...

I miss you too! Can't wait to come back :)