Saturday, August 23, 2008

Worth A Thousand Words ...

For the first time in the history of being me, I am not at all ready for the new school year. I know, I know, I am a nerd through and through, but even I cannot be excited for four months of reading cases after a really lengthy last week of work (in which we did not leave until the computer literally locked us out) and two cross-country plane rides with a mere three days at the beach in between followed by a strange job interview and a law review orientation that completely abused the word "unique." So, instead of more ranting from me, I give you the last few weeks in pictures ...

The hallway outside my former office. Please note the the green walls, pink columns and purple mouldings. And the checkered floor. Really, the building used to house the war department, not a fun house. Difficult to tell by the decor, I know ...

A few weeks ago I got the urge to go camping. That has also never happened to me before, so I had clearly been in cement land for too long and I definitely needed a trip to the beach. And to Great Falls when I got back to Virginia. (And, C. FINALLY came back. Hooray!) And, as the last picture shows, the leaves have already started changing. I suppose that means I really do have to go to back to school ...

5 comments:

I am Laura said...

Good luck on a new school year. Doesn't sound too fun to me, but I do often yearn to go back to school -nerd in me too I guess.

carly said...

Love the pics, C! I seriously can't believe we're back at it again...

Anna said...

Great pictures! Good luck in this new semester- and just think- in December you'll be half-way done!!!! :) That's what is giving us motivation right now. Love ya Miss C

Katie Blacker said...

I like the new blog look! And, yeah, i heard you were going to be in Newport but we missed each other by a day or so. It is amazing though isnt it? That ocean air. I love it. And, I miss you. Good luck this semester.

Sally said...

Great pics! And good luck on 2nd year of law school! (that's what 2L means, right?) Enjoy the East for us...we're hoping to join you next year...Maybe.