Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Heard The Bells ...

We know I love listening to Christmas music. So imagine how much I love this scene: The annual playing of the bells (affectionately termed Hell's Bells) at our Christmas Day festivities. Now, I must admit that most of us lack any real musical ability (with the exception of Aunt J. and perhaps some assorted cousins), but who needs actual skill to make music by hitting varying-length pieces of pipe with long metal nails?! Not us. Besides, what we lack in talent we make up for with our own special flair ...

The boys always pretend to be too cool for the bells, ignoring whichever aunt has to conduct the music (helpfully numbered in red and green on big posters). But sorry boys, when you all start singing "Oh, Come All Ye Faithful" as we play it on the bells I stop believing that you really hate this tradition ...

Some fabulous playing by A., and D., who I am sure really loves playing the bells again instead of straining to listen to them during the missionary phone call ...

This couch looks pretty happy about the bells. The overachievers on the end played multiple bells at once ...

Quite possibly the most entertaining 15 minutes of my entire year ...

No comments: