Sunday, February 1, 2009

Making a list ...


Eat at Ben's Chili Bowl. Check.
See Mayor Fenty eating at Ben's Chili Bowl. Check.
See pictures of President Obama eating with Mayor Fenty at Ben's Chili Bowl. Check.
Cross it off my list. Check.

Now that I have attended more of law school than I have left to attend, a feat that clearly has done nothing for my ability to create coherent sentences, I need to get serious about more than books. No, this does not mean I am getting serious about boys. (Sorry, Mom.) This means I am getting serious about crossing things off the D.C. To-Do List. Yes, C. and I have created a list of things to do before we leave law school (and potentially this lovely city).

First on our agenda: Ben's Chili Bowl. We planned to go here before our new president made it even more famous than before, for the record, but we finally braved the crowds and the cold and went there last night. I actually consider chili rather disgusting, so I ordered my burger with the chili on the side. (A good choice. I have no idea why people like that stuff. I tasted it, and even put a spoonful on my burger for the real experience. Not good.) The burger tasted fine, but I think I expected too much. Same with the fries. Good, but not amazingly delicious. The vanilla shake was amazingly delicious, however. But the real highlight of the evening was seeing D.C. Mayor Fenty walk by our table on his way out. Apparently he actually does eat there frequently ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' it C! It reminds me of our Downington "list of fun" except yours is 500 times more exciting because you're in the big city. Don't worry, I'm making another list of fun for our summer adventures. Miss you!