Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Happy Thanksgiving ...

So, my parents and I splurged (to put it mildly, thanks Mom and Dad!) on a plane ticket home for Thanksgiving. (At expensive times like these it helps if I think about my life as a credit card commercial.) Anyway, I had a fabulous (dare I say "priceless") time with the family. In three short days I surprised my brother and sister, saw "Enchanted" (and loved it, though perhaps not as much as my Dad ...), watched "Miracle on 34th Street" (the new version) and realized that lawyers do Very Important Things like defending Santa Claus, shopped at the outlets (with the entire family, quite an entertaining treat for the other shoppers, I assure you), bought desperately needed new footwear (comfy brown shoes and not-as-comfy black boots), ate a delicious dinner with my extended family (thanks, Aunt J!), and played games (with a bonus of watching Nana bowl on the Nintendo Wii). I loved being home! Luckily, I also love it here ... when I walked into my apartment building toting my too-large red suitcase, one of the Old Men With Walkers who hang out in the lobby (a story for another post I think) greeted me with a friendly "Welcome Home!" And now, I should greet my not-so-friendly (and far too unfamiliar) class outlines ...

No comments: