Monday, February 25, 2008

Surprise, Surprise ...

One of my favorite readers recently (10 minutes ago) reminded me that I have a blog, and that I have neglected it of late. Point taken. So here I am. An immediate post. The theme for today: surprises. Not the party or present type. The other type. The shocking type where I wake up one Sunday morning (yesterday, to be exact) and realize that I am now exactly half as old as my Dad. I am not sure what this means, and I am not sure if I like thinking about it. So there. Another surprise? Law school students, professors, and even the dean can be quite entertaining when they want to be. On Saturday night C. and I went to "GW Law Revue." This basically consisted of three hours of law school inside jokes (in song and dance, no less). For example: Pair the music of Thriller to these lyrics ... "You're at G-Dubya, you study through the night. Emanuel won't help you, Mr. Gilbert won't enlight. You're at G-Dubya, you're tired and uptight, in debt, you got no life, you're at G-Dubya, G-Dubya, tonight." Or imagine five law school nerds pretending to be The Backstreet Boys. Or the dean singing on stage. Or law school lyrics to Chicago, Annie, and Vanilla Ice. Really. But I think you had to be there ...

1 comment:

J. said...

wow, good to know professors have senses of humor. I'm sure more surprises are coming....;)