Thursday, May 8, 2008

Harry Potter Times ...


I really have nothing to report here. But I am sick of seeing eye shadow and a ridiculously long post that ends with me promising to wear makeup, so here I am. But really. Nothing to report, since I really do nothing except eat, watch movies, read and shop. And I like it that way. For example, I still really love Harry Potter. I read Book 7 yesterday. And I really, really love it. What I do not love: Reading the new Mormon Times section of the Deseret (not Morning) News. It is much, much worse in newsprint than online, and I really, really hate it. The articles all embarrass me, as a self-respecting former pseudo journalist, and make me want to remove the line on my resume about my internship with the D-News. NOTE TO ALL FUTURE EMPLOYERS: When I associated myself with that publication it did not blatantly declare itself to be only for Mormons. Like every other regular newspaper, it pretended it did not give special treatment to its owners, even when it did. OK, outburst over. On to Harry Potter Book 6 ...

3 comments:

I am Laura said...

Have you already read all the Harry Potters and now reading them again? I read them all once, but I have never seen any of the movies. I think I may start watching the movies here in the future.

I don't read any newspaper, but my husband thinks I should. I like to get my news from the Colbert Report and sometimes from my homepage on yahoo. I am such a looser.

Erica Huff said...

There are many things about Utah that I miss. Temples within 20 minutes, Deseret Book, etc. But I do not miss the attitude that mormons dominate everything. I couldn't believe it when we were there a few months ago and I saw that section in the newspaper. I will admit though, I was like that before I left. If only they knew.......
Enjoy your books!

carly said...

hahaha you're my favorite! I miss my roommate!