Friday, May 30, 2008

Time ...

Sometimes I stop and think about life. Like today, when I got goosebumps at seven-year-old speeches that I remember hearing, never imagining where I would be rereading them. Or like tonight, in the car listening to "Time to Say Goodbye," remembering it nearly one year ago, tears streaming down my face as I slowly, in the rain, drove away from the Downington days in a car so full I could not see out the back window. Or like now, reading a little yellow card from my jar. This particular card wonders what the heck is going to happen to us. Whatever it is, I think we'll be fine ...

4 comments:

Our life 2.0 said...

Callie!! Hello my long lost darling friend!! How are you? I am glad I found your blog. :) Mary

Katie Blacker said...

Callie, quite the thought-provoking post. I miss you. Did I mention how much I look at your blog to see if you have new updates? I love it. You are such a great writer. BTW, I just had to mention that Pres Bush was in Utah with marine one brigade. It made me wonder about what you are up to.

Anonymous said...

Oh...the Downington days! I miss you heaps! You are so right, no matter what the heck happens we're going to be just fine!

J. said...

Okay Cal, that made me sentimental. Downington does go down in history. I love the yellow jar. Yes, just fine.