Monday, May 19, 2008

Just Like Sushi ...

I dislike sushi. I tried and tried to like it, and nearly succeeded once on a really good date, but in the end, I decided to give it up and embrace that I will never be trendy enough to eat the raw fish. And I will never be tough enough to actually enjoy running. Today I decided that if I cannot like running in absolutely perfect weather, with a view of the Capitol in one direction and a view of the Washington Monument in the other, I am really never going to like it, and I should give up the attempt. Luckily I realized this early on in my quest today, and only ran a grand total of three museum building lengths feeling completely ridiculous in my shorts, exhibiting my pasty legs amidst the hordes of tourists. Then I walked. And enjoyed myself, might I add. Really, a person cannot really enjoy tourist-gazing while running. But walking, I got a good look at the obnoxious school groups, the girls posing in front of the Washington Monument, the women petting the police officer's horse, and the teenager annoyed at her mother for looking at said horses. And the old man who evidently likes running, since he passed me twice ...

1 comment:

Katie Blacker said...

All I can say about this post is AMEN. Running ain't my thang either. And, I haven't really tried to like it, so for that, I give you kudos.

P.S. I miss you already. Good luck with your new ________ adventures. (the space is for that one thing that we shouldn't speak of)