Friday, January 16, 2009

Here, Take My Thesaurus ...

Dear Supreme Court:

I have been reading quite a lot of your writing for the past, oh, year and a half. And I am wondering if you have a style guide that requires you to use the word "talisman" in at least 99 percent of your opinions. If so, I offer my congratulations. You follow that rule superbly. (See my first experience with said word in your writing quoted to the right on this very blog.)

If no such rule exists, I offer you my thesaurus. You need it. I like the word "talisman" as much as the next girl (actually, I probably like it much more than the next girl) but I would also like to keep enjoying it for years to come and if I continue to read it multiple times a day it will really lose its, eh, charm ...

Thank you,

C.

P.S. Chief Justice Roberts, I should probably tell you about my fish ...

3 comments:

Lincoln and Alisia said...

you crack me up

I am Laura said...

Yeah you are funny and super smart. I have never even heard of that word before and have no idea what it means.

Tracie said...

Don't tell JR about your fish - he might think you are an obsessed fan of his??!!