Saturday, October 24, 2009

Rise and shout ...

Right now, my Dad and my brother Roman are driving the blue convertible and the white truck through Provo in the BYU Homecoming Parade. My Mom is along for the ride, and to make sure Roman behaves, and Autumn is in charge of something alumni-related. And apparently they are all wearing blue.

This, people, is a miracle. A mere nine years ago these same four people wore red University of Utah shirts to move me into my BYU dorm room. And Roman tried to put the University of Utah fight song on the communal computers in the lobby. Clearly, Autumn has more powers of persuasion than I do. Or they just love her more. Or I should have followed her example and called my Dad "Daddy" all these years. ...

10 comments:

I am Laura said...

I, however, am thoroughly disappointed.

Katie Blacker said...

haha. i know those red sweaters well. i think you may have a point here... ;)

Roman said...

Callie, it was the U OF U fight song, not the TDS fight song. Gosh!

Roman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Callie said...

Good catch, Rome. You know what I meant. But I am so proud of your parade skills.

J. said...

SO funny! I remember the Buys fully clad in Red. Good times.

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

That is so awesome! I would love to be in a parade. I think I was at the leadership conference when you moved in, cause I can't remember the U of U move in, but that is so funny:)

Nicole said...

I can't put my thoughts into words on this one...I endured A LOT of persecution my years at the Y. And now they are walking proudly in the homecoming parade...shameful!

Chris and Jen said...

I am deeply deeply deeply disappointed in your family.

Autumn Day said...

1. First, I am in THE STUDENT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION

2. Bite me:)