Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A supercalifrajalisticexpialadocious week ...

I had a good week. Actually, a surprisingly great week.

Monday night, Jennie surprised me.
Tuesday morning, Karli flew in from Las Vegas. Surprise squared.
Wednesday afternoon, I found Katie from Cleveland on my doorstep. So, naturally, on Thursday we took the bus to New York City to see Heather.
Thank you, Provo.

Maybe because of the fabulous surprises, or because we now live in five different cities, I realized once again this weekend that I am really, really lucky to have such talented, witty, kind, stylish and just plain amazing friends. I am also really lucky that expert photographer Katie documented our week of fun in these photos:

Pretty much sums up how we act we when get together. In D.C. ...

or New York City ...

Cute Heather ... and baby!

Back in D.C. at our impromptu photo shoot.
The out-of-order photos add to the fun of the post, right?!

Times Square. College roommates. Classic.

Central Park, obviously.

Eating our way through New York. We also had delicious cupcakes, pizza and nutella on toast (thank you, Kevin and Heather). And yes, I am blurry in this picture. Apparently I am frequently blurry in pictures. I guess I am not so good at holding still. And that is required for some pictures. Picky, picky.

This was legitimate picture-taking movement. And they clearly didn't call her Karli Cartwheel for nothing.

The Brooklyn Bridge, always a favorite.

I took a few photos of my own, for good measure ...

The church next to the World Trade Center site.

A bench where firefighters working at Ground Zero would rest between shifts.

Still the church ...

We saw Mary Poppins. I LOVED it. Preview: It included tap dancing on the ceiling.

Thanks, girls ...

5 comments:

Erica Huff said...

What a wonderful surprise!

Katie Blacker said...

so much darn good fun. My muscles are still recovering from it. So fun to see you in your element! Thanks for the good hospitality too ;)

J. said...

Wow. I love the Callie take on the trip. You were so nice to host and drop everything...yikes. I love the pics (even the blurry motion action shots).

xo

I am Laura said...

I want to be single and young again. boo me, yeah to you.

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

I love the cartwheel pic, that is so fun. And out Times Square pic is the best! I'm glad you girls all came:)