Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dear People Who Hate My Braids ...

You should probably not read the next post, or at least just have someone read it to you so you can avoid seeing the pictures. Because this weekend involved two days of two braids. And I know you hate them. I am confused as to the exact reason, but I have thought of a few possibilities:

1. I look silly/ridiculous/unattractive.
2. I am not 10 years old.
3. I am not in Utah anymore. And people from Utah make people outside of Utah think certain thoughts about people from Utah with braids. (I hate the word "Utahn." But that is a different post entirely.)

I am not sure which reason you choose. But I am pretty sure I will keep wearing them anyway. Because:

1. I like them. Not in the "I look good today" way, but in the "good things will happen today" way that I also feel when I wear the yellow shoes and the striped shirt. I guess if I ever have a really, really bad day I could just wear the braids WITH the yellow shoes and the striped shirt. Although I am pretty sure that would make my mother cry. So maybe not. But I am still going to keep wearing braids. Just to warn you. Thanks for talking to me anyway.

Sincerely,

Callie

5 comments:

J. said...

Hate your braids? What? Who? Just look at your pic in NYC below and see how cute the braids are.

3 days really?! Wow:)

Katie said...

Dear people who hate your braids,

What is wrong with you? Where is your enjoyment of life. And of a simple, easy, and timeless hairstyle!

Where would Anne of Green Gables be without her braids? I'll tell you where, an unwritten, unexciting novel.

Love,

K

(Okay, Anne would still be exciting, but I still contend she wouldn't be half the girl we know and love. So there.)

The Kidds said...

For what it's worth... I like your braids- it makes me want to go skiing for some reason...

Katie Blacker said...

i like braids. and your braids are nice. I can never pull them off tho...they always fall out! (due to my damaged hair, im sure.)

p.s. fun to talk to you today

Tracie said...

Yes, it's possible that your mother might disown you if you wore all three! (but only for the time you were wearing all three). Why don't you blog about the shirt - I'd really like to see a picture of you wearing it.