Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Good Day ...

Various happenings made my day a good one. (Wore never-washed-so-still-fuzzy sweatshirt, ate giant cookie brought to class by writing teacher in recognition of finishing first law school memo, and found rare good parking spaces at both grocery store and apartment.)

And now my readers (Hi Mom!) have experienced an only slightly exaggerated example of law school writing, which has obviously consumed my mind for the past few days and which includes cryptic descriptive sentences called parentheticals. If you do not believe me, click here to see a Supreme Court brief with some. (Read and note the names on the first page, just for fun, then scroll down to at least page 15 ...)

1 comment:

J. said...

Wow, the 2 seconds I read the brief were difficult(I won't complain about superficial 8th grade novels anymore). The mundane(although I don't believe they are) tasks of a Callie law student are great. Give me more. How's that for some parenthetical commentary? I try, but it's no law brief.