Saturday, September 1, 2007

I Had A Dream ...

So last night I had a dream (always an intro to a fascinating story, I know) that I went to a baseball game with a random fellow (no idea who, and in the dream I only vaguely knew him). So at the game I bought the fellow a hot dog. Then, sometime later, I invited the fellow to another game. Well, this time when we went to get a hot dog, my eyes stopped functioning. (More on that later.) I went back to my chair, and the fellow bought a hot dog for himself, but not one for me. Now this annoyed me. I had invited him twice and bought him a hot dog once, and he did not even have the decency to buy me a hot dog when I had gone temporarily blind!? The nerve. Anyway, once I regained my sight, I bought myself a hot dog, and then while walking back to my seat I became blind again. And I cannot remember any more.

Obviously, I have really strange dreams. But the temporary blindness theme keeps recurring, and it really annoys me, so I thought that maybe if I publicly expunged my brain of it, I could make it go away. (Seriously. I have rather frequent dreams where I will be in the middle of doing something and I suddenly cannot see. Tell me other people have these dreams too?!) Anyway, I could really use Joseph (of Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat fame, for those not up on their Bible stories) right about now ... or maybe David Osmond ... hehehe ...

2 comments:

J. said...

I miss the days of analyzing deep Callie dreams, so I'm glad you blogged about it. While I am no Freud, I'll offer a few possibilities: 1. You're afraid that Mr. Right is standing right in front of you and you can't "see" him. (you can thank me later for not naming the options on your blog).2. Baseball and hot dogs are your new favorite date activity, but the boys you attend them with you'd simply rather be blind. 3. You just are having eye problems. I'll opt for the first, but I wouldn't put it past you to "see" the true meaning. Very interesting:)

Tracie said...

The "blindness" comes from so many blind dates! Maybe you just can't stomach the thought of going on one more blind date, thus you become blind. I like Jennie's ideas!!