Sunday, September 2, 2007

I Really Live Here ...





I have lived in Washington for exactly one month, as of today. And though not without its challenges, I really love it here. So, a few favorites from the past month:

  • The Yellow Line. Definitely my favorite Metro line. I really like crossing over the river (as opposed to going under it, like the other lines).
  • T.B.M. sandwiches at Cosi.

  • The Jefferson Memorial. It can be tricky to get there, but I still like it best. I love the writing engraved on the walls.

  • My computer. Though I think it might be adding to my vision woes, I like being able to type anywhere I want ... my bed, my couch, my special table at school.

  • The newspapers! I of course love the Washington Post, and I am also a big fan of the free Express newspaper (also published by the Post).

  • My daily horoscope in the Express. Yes, this deserves its own bullet point. A girl should be prepared for what lies ahead, and even someone with my psychic powers can use some help with that. (Although speaking of bullet points, I read in the Express last week that the number of guns in America now equates to 9 guns for every 10 people. I did not feel good about that information. For the record, I am NOT a member of the NRA.)

  • School. I did not realize just how much it would take over my entire life ... in a good way. Even when I am not studying, I am somehow thinking (and to be entirely honest, worrying) about it ...


2 comments:

M said...

I love reading about your exciting life! Very inspirational. I love D.C.! The Jefferson Memorial is a favorite as well, but it's really hard to choose. Also, I'm thinking I need to start reading my horoscope. I'm feeling very unprepared!

Jessica said...

I'm so jealous about where you live! You are truly living a dream! I love to hear all about it and what your favorites are!