Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Am Not A Mystery ...

Before I became really old (two days ago) I liked to consider myself a mysterious person. Evidently I am not. This much has become clear with my newly acquired wisdom. For example:


Evidently everyone knows I like things to be yellow, based on the envelopes I received in the mail for my birthday. (Sorry, no photos. Like I would show these envelopes and reveal my address, for any blog stalkers to read. I may not be mysterious anymore, but I am not insane!)


Evidently everyone knows the restaurant where I will eat my birthday dinner. My mom sent me a giftcard to The Cheesecake Factory BEFORE I told her we planned to go there. (Since giftcards do not make for fabulous photos, see my friends and me at said dinner. And before everyone feels really bad for/jealous of lone male, K., I will say that some other boys did join us for games later, so K. did not spend the entire night alone with five girls.)



But my birthday did bring a bit of mystery after all, so I saved that part for my grand finale. (Drum roll, please.) Earlier this week, I received a typed, anonymous note in my mailbox at school. The note told me to pick up a gift from my box before 1 p.m. on my birthday. I wondered all week what type of gift would need to be picked up before 1 p.m., and eventually concluded it must be some edible item.


Not so! Instead, I found (wrapped in brown paper, but not ticking, so I concluded that nothing would explode if opened) my second Prof. M bobble-head! So evidently everyone knows my favorite professor, too. (Note: I really do not walk around telling people how much I like Prof. M. I only tell the people who read this blog. And the anonymous gift giver, who turned out to be my friend M., does not know about this blog. I actually think I like Prof. M the same amount as everyone else, except maybe the people who make these bobble-heads. I think they like him more than I do …)


2 comments:

J. said...

me again...but while your yellow fetish and political opinion may not be too mysterious, there are plenty of other layers to the mysterious Callie Buys. You look way hot by the way in the pic:)

Holly and Dave said...

isn't kinda fun when people find out things about you without you actually telling them? I take it as a sign of a good friend (hopefully not an obsessive stalker).