Thursday, January 24, 2008

Inside My Head ...

What I do when I do not blog for six whole days (and thus keep all my thoughts inside my head):


1. Become seriously stressed. Stop sleeping. Acquire an annoying eye twitch. Briefly mourn the release of grades. Worry about internship-seeking process. Procrastinate upcoming research paper (technically a summary judgment motion, but it has the annoyance factor of a research paper).


2. Receive a steady supply of treats from my friend M., who likes to bake and knows I like to eat treats. For example, Friday, C. and I received cookies with Reese's peanut butter cups in the center. Tuesday, chocolate cookies. Yesterday, a frozen cookie pie (M. brought it to school and I baked it at home).


3. Repeat no. 1 (see above), now adding an unwelcome element of anxiety about the possible meaning of the constant treats (and the accompanying e-mails).


4. Decide to get over myself. Eat the cookie pie (with ice cream on top) and stop worrying about its implications, sign up for two interviews (and one possible interview for the job that sounded most interesting) at upcoming job fair, send resumes to where I really want to work (to remain unnamed until further notice), stop complaining about summary judgment motion and start thinking about working on it, try sleep-inducing bubble bath, and watch three episodes of "The Office" with C. to recover from it all.


5. Realize that I did not blog about this before because no one would actually want to read about this ...

4 comments:

Erica Huff said...

Good luck with all that you have on your plate right now. I know you can handle it. If anyone can - you can. And enjoy the food! You need the nutrients to keep you going!

Holly and Dave said...

callie, can i please say that i LOVE your blog? it makes me laugh every time i read it, and i can picture you having these thoughts and saying these things. especially because i often have the same type of thoughts. thanks for sharing... keep it coming!

M said...

I read every word and can identify. Well, with the eating sweets part. Admittedly, I can't identify with losing sleep over grades or internship opportunities :) And congrats on the parallel parking feat! I have yet to acquire that skill ten years later.

The Kidds said...

In a changing world, I am glad that one thing stays constant. You are still Callie. And it makes me happy to know that while I am encased in an iceblock here in Montpelier- you are off changing the world just as you are. You inspire me (trying not to be cheesy- but failing miserabley). Love you!

Jess