Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bread, Chocolate and The Awakening ...

"The Awakening"
I JUST FINISHED MY FIRST LAW SCHOOL EXAM! (Yes, a sentence worthy of all caps, in my humble opinion.) To celebrate, my roommate C. and I and some friends went to a lovely cafe C. discovered called Bread and Chocolate. Obviously, a delicious (and adorable, it had a yellow awning!) place. I ate crepes (the menu called them German Pancakes, but they really were crepes) filled with Nutella. And believe me, I enjoyed it. But I think I deserved it. Not only did I take my midterm, and live to tell the tale, but yesterday C. and I went for a VERY long run (OK, long to me ...). We ran across the 14th Street Bridge, which crosses the Potomac, and then along the river to the Awakening statue. By the time we made it there, I definitely felt anything but awakened ... both in mind and body. But now, with some chocolate in me, my exam finished (itself an awakening, to be sure) and with no classes for the rest of the week, I feel much better (and only slightly sore from the run) ...

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Congrats on your first exam. Although I don't know what your score is (I can imagine though!)I think you were well deserving in a treat. I only wish I were there to get one too. I don't care if it was a German pancake or a crepe, I like them both! We'll have to go there when I visit....I wonder when that will be??? Have fun on your break.

J. said...

Congrats! And it is not a minor accomplishment. I'm sure you aced it in true Callie fashion. That statue is odd yet fun. Running along the river..I'd love that. It is rainy and cold here today. Hopefully it's a bit sunnier out there.

J. said...

Congrats! And it is not a minor accomplishment. I'm sure you aced it in true Callie fashion. That statue is odd yet fun. Running along the river..I'd love that. It is rainy and cold here today. Hopefully it's a bit sunnier out there.

Unknown said...

Nutella on its own cause for celebration