Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Richmond, Ramadan and Happy Halloween ...



I really should be working on a paper right about now ... but I just got off the phone with one of my very favorite people (that would be you, Nana) and it feels too jarring to go from happy to painful so quickly. So I am writing here to ease the transition. (And because I wanted to post the adorable Halloween card I received in the mail today. It is much cuter inside, but since it is a POP UP card, I could not scan that ...) Anyway, since I have now noted the upcoming pagan candy holiday, I should also give equal space to some opposite topics. First, General Conference. On Sunday, I went to Richmond with some friends to watch it at a real house (a.k.a. a friend's parents' house) and had a fun, food-filled time. Then on Monday night, the Muslim society at school had a Ramadan dinner and invited the other religious groups (Mormon and Jewish, mainly) to come ... also a fun, food-filled (and quite informative and interesting) time ...

1 comment:

J. said...

Was "Ramadan" food good? All those events also are very fallish too. Last night I was inspired by your food experiences and made fall soup and thought of you, and then it is pie month, so of course had to get the razzleberry pie from Marie's. Eat something good for me today that is not in Utah...and I'll Cafe Rio it up for you.