Thursday, October 4, 2007

Freedom Is Not Free ...

Yesterday after classes I walked (from school, quite a trek ... OK not really, but it sure felt like it with my backpack on) to the monuments with someone visiting D.C. for the first time. I always love looking at the monuments, but I appreciate them even more when I go with someone who has never seen them before. Even better, yesterday we found the World War I Memorial, which I had never seen before.
Near the Korean War Memorial ...
To me, this phrase sums up all of the monuments and memorials ...

In honor of a new namesake ...

The World War I Memorial ... built in the '30s, so it just says 'World War' Memorial ...

P.S. So I know I promised not to refer to people by name on this blog, but it just feels strange not to actually identify the people I talk about. So, if no one objects, I am going to start referring to people with their first initials, which I think should preserve sanity and identity at the same time ...

No comments: