Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Psychic Powers ...

I imagine that a lawyer with psychic powers would be quite in demand. So I consider it quite fortuitous that I possess such powers. They manifested themselves again last night, when I just knew I would be called on in class today. (I mostly knew because I also had a major paper due today, so I did not prepare for my other classes as well as I should have. Yes, you would think that knowing I would be called on would make me actually prepare for such an event. But no such luck.) Well, sure enough, the teacher called on me and proceeded to question me for 15 minutes (typical for him). Luckily I know about some other powers besides psychic ones, and after praying intently that I would not completely humiliate myself, I emerged from the experience relatively unscathed. Whew.

If the prayer had not worked, however, I could use a new remedy from my torts class, where today we learned about suing God. Evidently if God does not appear in court, you can collect through one of his agents. (Well, you can try. According to my oh-so-believable Prof. B, one courthouse got struck by lightning and the judge killed as he decided such a case.) In the same class today, we also read a case about a man cleaning a vending machine with gasoline in a room with an open flame. A rat ran out of the vending machine, where it apparently lived, went near the flame, of course started on fire, and then ran back into the vending machine, which then exploded. Yes. This shows why I like law school. As Prof. M told us the first day of school, "You read stories all day, while your friends in other fields do real work." This also shows why I will be staying away from vending machines for a while ...

No comments: