Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Jonah Day ...

Last night the power in my apartment building went out. Then this afternoon my parents went away. The power came back on late this morning, but not until I had already decided to be pathetic about it. So to enjoy said electricity and to combat said mood, I am doing what I do in these situations ... when living 2,000 miles from home and reading endless cases and writing convoluted papers to earn a degree I have no intention of using seems like a ridiculous life plan ... I am watching Anne of Avonlea and wearing the striped shirt and the star pajama pants and remembering how much I really love that movie, and how I really, really love Anne, and how I really, really, really hope that one day I will find Gilbert Blythe waiting for me on a bridge somewhere ...

2 comments:

Erica Huff said...

How fun to be able to see your parents. I'm going home next week and after 6 long months - am very excited. You do have fun parents! I remember that from high school. And what a fun movie. There's nothing like an old movie to take some cares away for a minute. Gilberts out there!! I know it!

J. said...

Cal, that scene you wrote makes me want to cry for 1. Anne says it all, say no more about your mood. 2. I miss your striped t-shirt, and pjs (but you forgot to mention your snowflake fleece blanket) 3. I wish I could have been in such a mood with you. My equivalent and ironic timing was, pj's (none in particular) and Felicity. But I will now watch Anne. You will find Gilbert...but it may be on the Capitol's steps, or at the stairs of Lincoln's Memorial... instead of a bridge.