Saturday, March 15, 2008

Last Call ...

OK everyone, this will be my final reminder about the Limerick Contest before the DEADLINE TOMORROW. So, write away right away! If I can spend my entire Friday and Saturday writing a 5,000-word appellate brief, you can spend ten minutes writing five lines. Thus far, only people with N. names have submitted their entries, so they might win special awards for not procrastinating. But speaking of awards, I investigated the availability of the Shamrock Shakes, and even CALLED McDonald's to guarantee that the winner will have a prize. So now you have no excuse ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual...I'm down to the wire but here's the limerick as promised. Love to you Cal Jo!

By profession I teach kids to read
But instead I would rather breed
Kids of my own
Until they're full grown
But alas, this has led me to greed!

Erica Huff said...

Shout out to Laura! I loved it!

I moved with two kids and a man
We packed up our big moving van
To my current holding cell
That seems like pure hell
But I picked up a wonderful tan!

(Please don't be too offended. Matt helped - his choice of words!)

J. said...

I'm dreaming of tropical bliss
The snow I never will miss
As I look out and dream
I could almost just scream
I'd even give my right up to kiss!
*(disclaimer: don't hold me to the last line).

Remember the old White House days
When the homework was only a phase
Daily laughter the norm
Glady away from the dorm
Now Callie takes life in a blaze

Julie said...

The room started spinning, whoa –
I felt nauseated, dizzy and so,
For a week I stayed in bed,
Took lots and lots of meds,
They thought it was the flu, but no, it’s vertigo!

Kallee said...

Sorry about the PG-13 content on the first one. P.S. It's still March 16 in UT.

To Chris, I shouted "damn"!
When he insisted I win a sham-
-rock shake tonight
Interrupting my TV delight
I should have told him "scram."

I used to work on an alley
With a patriotic girl named Callie
Who traded PR for legal writ
And residency near George and Mitt
Now alone I must dally.

She only likes poems with rhymin'
And dreams of wedding Josh Lyman
Then her sister will marry my bro
When he gets some sense and some dough.
We just gotta work on the timin'!