Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hang It All And Save The Wall ...



When I wake up tomorrow morning, I will have slept in my new apartment for an entire week. And finally, after seven days of moving stuff, buying stuff, and hanging stuff, I see the end of worrying about stuff, at least the physical kind, for now. So in honor of my new roommate, a former math teacher, I will sum up my latest experiences and expenditures in numbers:

Miles traveled to reach new apartment: About 2,500 (I think ... )
Steps hauling stuff from car to new apartment: About two bazillion
Trips to Target in the last 7 days: 3
Trips to IKEA in the last 7 days: 2
Trips to Bed, Bath & Beyond in the last 7 days: 4
Number of times we have called maintenance: 3 (They respond well, fyi)
Number of Command strips purchased in the last 7 days: At least 26
Which brings me to the title of this post. Thanks to my brilliant sister and those scientists at 3M, Command strips now hang eight pictures, six metal curtain rod hooks and two plastic hooks in my apartment. Seriously! OK, so the six metal curtain rod hooks actually have some other support, too, but that story would take too long to tell. But I am definitely converted to Command. If this law school thing does not work out, I might just paste this post in my resume and beg the people at Command strip central for a PR job ...


No comments: