Monday, August 20, 2007

My First Day ...

Well, I just survived my first class. Not such a frightening experience, actually. I really like the professor, especially because he does not "cold call" people. Other professors evidently just randomly and Socratic-ly call on poor innocent students (the one in my next class, I fear) but this one gives a bit of warning. Anyway, I am now "studying" (I have my computer on and my book open, so there) in a study room somewhere in the law school ... though I really have no idea how I got here and where I should go from here to make it to my next class. I must say this study room does leave a bit to be desired. It smells like Italian food and stale fabric, and the carpet could really use a vacuum. I left the door slightly open, too, since I am not sure about the protocol around here. I mean, can I shut the door and keep the room and its 10 chairs all to myself, just me, my enormous backpack and my Target sack lunch (peanut butter and jelly sandwich, with pretzels and an apple)? Or must I appear friendly and social, and keep the door wide open for whoever happens to seek out this corner of the school? I am just not sure ...

No comments: