Monday, August 13, 2007

Library of Congress ...


Today being the last Monday (well, for a while) that I can actually enjoy books, instead of seeing them as a torture device, which I anticipate will happen quite soon, I made a visit to my favorite library: The Library of Congress. I really love all libraries, but this one in particular. I love the amazing ceiling and walls, many of them yellow, with their inscriptions of the names of famous authors and great statements about books and writing. And with the Capitol across the street and the Supreme Court right next door, the location could not be better. I have not found a photo to do the library justice, so I am not posting one. Instead I am posting a photo of the adorable orchids I received today ...

3 comments:

Brooke Woodall said...

Oh how beautiful!! Are they from a certain someone that spoke in my sacrament meeting last Sunday? Totally sweet!

G.G. said...

I recognize the table. Cute flowers. Post some apartment pics sometime rita. Again...this is jennie...not Gayle.

Unknown said...

Yea, cute flowers- if i could do it over agin I think the vase would be different